HOW TO ORDER A REPEAT PRESCRIPTION
You can now order your repeat prescriptions ONLINE using SystmOnline
To find out more information and to register for this service, please click here
Requests for repeat prescriptions should be in writing by the following methods:
- In person – drop your repeat slip in at reception having clearly marked the items required.
- By post – send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want it posted back to you.
- By fax – to 020 7352 2240
- By email - email@example.com
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
Prescriptions Charges and Exemptions
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £8.05
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £104.00
- 3-month PPC: £29.10
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months, or more than 15 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website