Data Protection – GDPR
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Your data, privacy and the Law. How we use your medical records –
- This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care, however this is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Record.
- We do share some of your data with local out of hours / urgent or emergency care service.
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes among others.
- Data about you, usually de-identified, is used to manage the NHS and to help improve services.
- We share information when the law requires us to do, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable patients.
- We may also share medical records for medical research, however you will be asked to sign a consent form and will be informed of your rights with regards to clinical research.
- By navigating these pages of our website you can view patient information leaflets, policies and our privacy notices..
- Ask at reception for details of how to opt out of data sharing activities within the NHS.