FREE Flu vaccination and other vaccines
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU GET YOURS!
All patients aged 18 - 65 with long term conditions should have received their flu vaccine by now. If not, you can still come for the jab.
For comprehensive information about Flu and the Flu Vaccination, please click on the following links to NHS Choices:
The Good Practice is supporting the National 2019
Stay Well This Winter campaign.
The Stay Well This Winter campaign is a joint initiative from NHS England and Public Health England, to help people with long-term health conditions, children under 5 and those over 65 prepare for winter and ward off common winter illnesses. Winter can be challenging for the health of these people, increasing the risk of blood pressure, heart attacks and strokes for those with a long-term health condition or who are over 65, whilst young children can readily pick up and spread illnesses amongst their wider circle - including family members of all ages.
There are a number of things you can do to prepare against the cold weather:
- At the first sign of a cough or a cold, get immediate advice from your pharmacist before it gets more serious.
- Speak to your pharmacist about medicines you should have in stock over winter.
- It is important to keep warm in winter, so heat your home to at least 18C (65F), if you can. You might prefer your living room to be slightly warmer.
- Make sure you get your flu jab (pop in any day 11am-12noon)
- These tips can help you and your family prepare for winter, stay well and get well quickly.
For further health information visit https://www.nhs.uk/staywell/